Friday, May 1, 2020

May 1

Happy Friday...

Though today I'm not any more excited about Friday than I would be about, say, Tuesday or Wednesday or even Monday.  I have had the week off and have enjoyed every single minute it.  Friday is just somewhat of a reminder that another weekend will blast by and next week I shall be back at work.

Which leads me to the idea of finally buying a lottery ticket (pointless), ok just a scratch off (more pointless), and saying a quick prayer (God probably isn't too fond of ole scratch offs) and taking out a dime and going to town.

If I won a million dollars (echo if I had a million dollars BNL fans are smiling) and the government took their share what would I do with that remaining $695,000?

I would pay off my house and car first. (-120k)
I would put a hundred grand back for the kids. (-100k)
I would buy the husband and I new-to-us cars (-45k)
Of course there would be tithing and charitable distribution...

But the rest?

I would apply to keeping my life simple and happy. Get a fun job playing in flowers.  Pay off the beach condo.  Move? Maybe.  

But most of all - I would buy the $15 bottle of wine instead of the $6.99 MVP special.  

Just kidding I would never do that.

OK guys lets talk about Friday and highlight the fun from the week, shall we?

Cycling and Bikes Art Prints and Posters | Free Shipping | Shop FyQuotes About Riding A Bicycle. QuotesGrambicycle quote | amy zhang design | Bike quotes, Cycling quotes

And in the afternoon...we ride.

Last weekend we purchased a bigger bike for my son.  He learned to ride a bike without training wheels one afternoon at our friends' home.  Their middle sweetie taught him and he took right to it.  Fast forward three months and we finally got him a bike.  

Every afternoon my son, my daughter, and myself get the bikes out of the back of the workshop and take off.  Its my favorite time of day.  We just ride and ride and ride and they are the kids and I get to revisit my own childhood.  

These are the days.


Once upon a time there was a girl who was very conscientious of her carbohydrate intake.  

And then her mother learned how to make eclairs.

Sh*t.



I was on of those kids who loved to pick up frogs, toads, turtles, and try to catch a lightning speed lizard.  I'm also not afraid of spiders or other creepy crawlies.  If I know a snake is around, I'm cool with it.

But when it comes to mice, I'm out.

OK that has nothing to do with the photos.

Last Sunday we had a good rain and then the box turtles were wandering around.  The boy found this one and decided (aftert thinking it would be an awesome pet) that it would be better off in the creek.

I freaking love turtles.


We went to Pinterest on Thursday and made these guys.  Well ours aren't quite this cool but all you need is anything you can paint with glow in the dark glitter glue (we used jars, shells, jars, more shells).  I kinda went crazy and thought I should so do my walls like this.  Its really fun.  Here's the pin.

Alrighty that's it.  I have to get this classsroom in line.  I gave them movie time to start the learning day and I know that is going to backfire like a mother.

I wish you all a content Friday.

xo