Tuesday, May 12, 2020

OK OK I'll Show You My Books

If I had been lucky enough to be in quarantine I would have read so many books but I didn't get that privilege!  Today I'm sharing with you (and linking up with Steph & Jana) to show you what I read (sad) and what I'm reading or rather listening to.

What Happens In Paradise

What Happens in Paradise

This is pitiful but...

In March I went to the local public library because I had this feeling that school was going to be out for like the next seventy-two years.  So I scooped up some books for my kid and grabbed one book off the front shelf for me.  (What was I thinking?)

I grabbed this book for myself. Little did I know it was the second book in a trilogy.  There is nothing like walking into the middle of situation.

However, the book is good.  Hildebrand does a good job at catching you up (over and over and over) on what was in the first book.  

I do recommend this series, having skipped book one and went straight to book two.  It has some crime and outrage and passion.  I feel like when I give a synopsis of a book I tell too much so I will just let you click the link to B&N and decide if its something you would like.

Elin Hildebrand wasn't on my list of authors to try until a few years ago when I wanted a true beach read for our week at the coast.  I reluctantly grabbed one of her titles from the same public library and was hooked.

Sunset Beach



Mary Kay Andrews is one of my favorite cheeseball writers.  All her stuff makes me laugh and has that relaxed vibe that doesn't require you to think too much.  Her newest release is about Drew.  To make a long story short and not give away the whole story (which I cannot because I'm still reading or rather having Audible read it to me) Drew's mom has died, she lost her job, and she's moved to Sunset Beach.  Her dad is an ambulance chasing lawyer and he's offered a job in his call center.  While working there Drew has made a few new friends and also taken an interest in a case that was ruled worker's comp but seems to be much more.

Next month I promise to have much more good stuff in this post than the grab-it-fast from March and an Audible pick. Ha!  Wishing you all wonderful reading with a little salt and sand mixed in!

xo