Sunday, August 2, 2020

Tacos & Beer Kinda Day

My vacation started on Friday at 5:30pm....

Tropical Storm watch, flash flood watch issued for parts of NC ...

The the NC coast shut down in spots due to a "hurricane" south of Florida.  Y'all - I cannot even.  I am beyond angry and frustrated.  I was so pissed I went to Walmart on Friday night at 8pm (they close at 8:30) and bought a vacuum cleaner.  If that's not pissed then I don't know what is.


Actually, I needed a new vacuum.  But it sounded like something I would do if I was out of my mind.

That stupid "hurricane" now a tropical storm is still sitting wayyyyyy down in the bottom of Florida and its a freaking tropical storm now.  It's not even a hurricane.  It's not even close to us.  But don't tell that to the weather channel who prays every single weather event is a mass catastrophe - sick bastards.


Woooo sahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm trying to be very positive about this batch of foul lemons and make lemonade with extra sugar.  

While we wait to see if we will be allowed to actually go on our vacation (which I paid for months ago...) I have decided we will have fun every day by doing something different.  Yesterday, the day we should have left, we ended up at the pool.  Then we laid around (except my husband, he doesn't do that) and then we used a Cracker Barrel gift card and got dinner.

Image may contain: ‎one or more people, sky, pool, cloud, closeup, outdoor and water, ‎text that says '‎Totally not 1-74 East but ya take what you can get. ن‎'‎‎

Mama don't cook on vacay.

I really didn't want to go to the food market (I'm not using any other term for a grocery store anymore other than food market because I like to say food market) but we ended up there anyway.  Our cart - I should have snapped a photo - all JUNK.  Cookies, ice cream, ice cream, cookies, and ok some fruit.

Anti Diet Club - Yes this one is for me.


Today I think we will go bowling.  I heard bowling allies are open again.  Of course knowing how this state rolls as well as our luck as soon as we pull in the parking lot the governor will decide they can only be open from 9am to 9:15am and you cannot use a ball.  For you out of staters - did you hear that our governor has stopped alcohol sales after 11pm?  I believe he has chlamydia and COVID confused.

politics roy cooper Memes & GIFs - Imgflip


Another nugget to add to this is that I decided since we're on a delay of sorts I would take this time to re-organize my house.  Ever doing that...last night I knocked out the kitchen but I feel the need to do it again.  I also am making a list of all the crap I need for the house....this staycation is becoming expensive.  

You know I have never been an excited for autumn kind of girl.  I hated going to school growing up, Halloween wasn't fun to me, the only perks of fall I could see were more bonfires, football, and my birthday.  But I'm not so sure I won't be pulling out pumpkins and planting mums as soon as possible. 

Alberta Ferretti Pre-Fall 2020 Collection - Vogue

Oh ish - that's the fall fashion picks from Vogue?  I change my mind. 

I haven't done too much in the way of bitching over 2020 but after the last oh I don't know five months I am kind of over everything.  And I mean every freaking thing.  Essential worker, fine ok I like to make my money the legit way.  Wear a mask and don't go close to people, sounds like a plan I'm a Scorpio.  Coin shortage, yeah ok whatever.  Your kids are kinda going to school kinda not and we will probably just pull them out of this new schedule all together within a few weeks of it starting, sounds like a normal government plan.  But when you close my damn beach down because of a reason that isn't quite logical....jump the gun much, folks?  

Maybe we should all just dance in a thunderstorm and lick the bottoms of our shoes.

I think I'm going to scratch all plans and find some water and have a taco and beer.

B

Mango Beer Chelada And Mango Beer Braised Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment