Monday, August 3, 2020

Weekend Recap

I guess...technically...my weekend is still going strong since I am off work this week.  Yay vacation...er.

Today is supposed to be rainy ridden and blah.  I have big plans of staying in my pajamas, making waffles, and watching loads of television.  Maybe later we will bust out for something "real" to eat and to bowl.  We shall see no rush on anything, folks.  No rush at all.

The weekend was fun though our plans were shifted.


Tee Ball season is over!
Saturday morning was the last game of the 2020 spring summer season.  This was my little guy's first time really playing anything baseball related and the verdict? He's ready to play soccer again and if he never picks up a bat and ball again he will be OK.  He did really improve his throwing and even caught a few catches made to him on first base!  But his thing is soccer.  I really hope there is a soccer season.
Coach Mikell (haha) enjoyed hearding his eleven kittens this season.  I think he preferred the little ones.

We made it to the pool!
Since we didn't get to leave for vacation after teeball we opted to go to the pool for the day.  This was my first trip to the YCP Pool this summer.  It was nice since it was pretty much empty with the exception of maybe twenty others in the baby pool.  There is nothing better than that gentle lull to sleep in the chair by the pool.  Ahhhh so good.  Since we are technically on vacation I'm refusing to cook so Saturday night we redeemed a giftcard at Cracker Barrel for dinner - it was so good.  But isn't the food you don't cook the yummiest?

Sunday Fun Day!
After two cups of coffee on Sunday morning I decided to paint the laundry room (only finished one wall) and then go pull weeds in my flower beds.  After that all I could think about was the need to be by the water.  So I rallied the troops and we loaded up to have a late lunch on Lake Norman.  The Blue Parrot is our favorite spot for fish tacos, pasta salad, and shrimp wraps.  It was so good and so nice to be by the water.  Our little guy picked out a boat that he thinks we should totally get...its only $78,000.00.

It's a great day to be on Ocean Isle Beach!

Good news!
That little Tropical Storm is set to make "landfall" down at Myrtle Beach overnight.  It looks like rain and wind nothing much nothing crazy.  Ocean Isle Beach let us know that we will probably be able to come on down tomorrow.  We are all very happy but cautiously excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment