Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Read It! All Things Reconsidered

 ATR-3D


Today is the day I finally get around to posting about a book I recently read that I liked.  I don't waste time writing about books I do not like.  If I didn't like it then I didn't finish it and well...no point in writing about that, right?

Here's a book that I did like.  I actually read his (Knox McCoy) first book The Wondering Years when it came out a couple years back and that book is one of my most favorite reads of all time.  I was very excited to fiinally get my hands on his second release - All Things Reconsidered.

I am going to be very honest in this and not say too much about the book because I have a tendency of spoiling things.  This book really made me consider all the the things I have reconsidered in my life.  Marriage, country music, religion, recipes, food choices, t.v. shows.  Strangely enough Knox and I are very much compatible in thought.  

The idea that the way we view things evolved throughout our life experiences is not new.  But it is something that worth discussing and bringing into the limelight.  A few things this book had me raising hands and screaming yes to include - Uncle Joey, homosexuality (no link I promise), and faith.  

McCoy makes you laugh and he kind of drives you nuts with how many times he references Hamilton (that was the one part of the audio book that was overkill.  I love Hamilton too but it felt like every other breath was Footnote Hamilton Reference).  This is from publisher Thomas Nelson and Knox is what I would consider a faith adjacent writer but the way he does it very much born-in-eighties-navigating-life-in-my-thirties style (something I can totally relate to.) He's fun and not in your face about his faith.  He discusses it the way you would with friends over coffee on a random Saturday morning.  You laugh - a lot.  You agree - quite a bit.  You disagree - it happens.  

This book is a quick read but well worth your weekend :)

Click here for more information!

See ya later with another book pick...hopefully!


Life According to Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment